Sunday, March 4, 2012

Dinner and Vino at Gillie's

A friend of mine and I tried some wine at Gillie's recently. I ordered a Cabernet Sauvignon along with a vegetable and bread focused entree. My friend order a Turkey burger with a glass of Chiante. I found that my vegetable entree with cabbage, olives and other bitter vegetables emphasized any bitterness to be found in my wine, a wine considered to bend towards more bitter tastes. I really enjoyed this wine though, it was one of the better Cabernet Sauvignon drinks I have yet to have. Unfortunately I was not able to get additional information on this wine (ever been to Gillie's? It's rather hit or miss with the wait staff...). A great thing about Gillie's is that you do get food that has good quality, an important thing to attend to when you're eating with a wine and trying to get a lot out of it.





No comments:

Post a Comment