Coastal Vines Brut, $6.95 from California (no year given)
This wine is a sparkling white wine that was surprising to me. I have never had a sparkling wine that was not markedly sweet, and I like that this wine was not like that. The wine review describes it as a crisp, clean wine which I agree with. I would absolutely want to include this wine with a seafood dinner!
This wine is a sparkling white wine that was surprising to me. I have never had a sparkling wine that was not markedly sweet, and I like that this wine was not like that. The wine review describes it as a crisp, clean wine which I agree with. I would absolutely want to include this wine with a seafood dinner!
Lazzaro Chardonnay -2010. $6.95 from Mendoza, Argentina
I was not a big fan of this wine, though white wines are never particularly popular with my taste buds. I thought the wine had an oily texture and I didn't really taste it. The wine notes mention that there were hints of spiced apple in this wine that I did not perceive in the least. I'd like to give this wine another shot.
Note: the wine notes described this wine as "pithy," a word that I've never come across outside of the wine world. Apparently it means: brief, forceful, and meaningful in expression; full of vigor, substance, or meaning; terse; forcible
Now we know.
Tres Ojos Garnacha Tempranillo Rose -2010. $5.95 from Calatayud, Spain
This wine again seemed oily in texture. I tasted a smokiness above the cherry red flavors mentioned in the article and I agree that it was fairly dry. Love the mention of tapas as this is a Spanish wine!
This wine had a lot of spice and smoke taste to me. My initial thoughts were cigarettes and then my impression was that of a well-rounded and classic Zinfandel finish.
Wine Spectator gave this wine 90 points. I found it to be a bold, earthy wine. After reading the description of the wine review notes which mentioned coffee and mineral flavors I agreed -I was happy to have noticed that. The notes' mention of berry and vanilla flavors on the finish pointed out an interesting taste to savor.
No comments:
Post a Comment