Sunday, February 5, 2012

Dinner Blog 1

Wine Wednesday at Boudreaux's! Really great wine at a really great price!

Our wine of choice was "Fuego," for starters!











This is Garnacha de Fuego, a 100% "Old Vines" wine, 14.5% Alcohol by volume; "grape of fire" from Aragon Spain.
This was an inexpensive, but very rich red wine. It had a lot of taste and a very strong aroma that seemed to me to be a classic scent for a red wine.














We ordered Boudreaux's well known hush puppies.... very good, but not the best match for wine, it seems.












The evening's second wine, a Cabernet Sauvignon.






































We decided that instead of fried fish sandwiches (which may have been better with white wines?), it would have been better to choose a red meat or a pasta dish.
















Overall, this first experience was a good trial run. I really think this is a beneficial experience, socially as well as educationally. As I learn more about wines through Geography of Wine, dining with wine will become more of an intentional and well-understood experience. At this stage of the game I'm not yet reaching the full benefits; proof that it is a learning experience that requires growth! (P.S. Since this dinner I've had two class periods and a wine tasting, and even in that short period of time I already can see where I would have made different decisions in my drinks, foods, and how I would have approached tasting a wine for the first time. Very cool.)

No comments:

Post a Comment