Cost: $17.50, rated 86 points Wine Spectator, 13.5% Alcohol
I found a decanter at my mother's house and thought I would give it a swirl. After letting the wine breathe, uncorked for 35 minutes or so, I used the decanter when pouring the wine. In one glass, I had the decanted wine and in another glass I had the wine that I poured straight out of the bottle. I tasted the two glasses of wine immediately and found zero difference in the two. 30 minutes later, I tried the two wines again and could not perceive anything with stark contrast. Perhaps I didn't give it enough time, didn't do it correctly or maybe my taste buds are not sensitive enough to notice the subtle changes the decanted wine experienced. Either way, it was a cool experience to try this experiment and use a decanter!
Lasagna as the main dish - SO good with a bottle of wine! In tandem with the red wine, the gooey cheesiness paired with the savory, salty meat, the red tomato sauce and the hefty carbs of the pasta really bounced off the walls of my mouth REALLY well.
No comments:
Post a Comment